Handstand on Extended Arms (Standing Base)
||Flyer on hands
||Flyer on hands of base
- Tighten up your core and intend not to walk.
- Your hands should be open.
- Rotate your hands to the inside (this offers a nice platform for the flyer to make a handstand).
- Hold a 45° angle in your wrists.
- Keep the arms/hands shoulder wide, elbows straight and shoulders close to your ears
- Make your handstand position
- Hold a 45° angle in the wrists.
- Open your shoulders to 180°, but don’t arch your back.
- Don't control the balance.
- Keep the arms/hands shoulder wide.
- Stand at the back of the flyer.
- Spot the shoulders of the flyer.
- Push the shoulders of the flyer back if the flyer closes the shoulders too much.
- Bring the flyer safely to the floor by reaching/guiding the hips or thighs.
Ways to get into the pose? - Transitions
Where can I go from here? - Transitions