||Base lying on the back
||Flyer on hands
||Flyer on hands of base
- Keep your arms straight above your shoulders.
- Point your hands slightly up (the angle depends on the preference of base and flyer).
- Keep strong wrists.
- Sink your shoulders into the floor.
- Keep open hands (try not to squeeze).
- Divide the weight equally over the palm of the hand (it helps to think of the weight going to the top of the palm).
- Push from your shoulders, but keep them relaxed.
- Try to push your bum up.
- Stand on the side.
- Keep your hands underneath the armpit of the flyer.
Ways to get into the pose? - Transitions
Where can I go from here? - Transitions