Standing on Head (Sitting Base)
||Flyer in/on arms of base
- straddled legs or a "sitting-on-your-heels-position" is easier to keep, as a long-legs-sit.
- try to have a really upright position with your upperbody (a lot of bases are leaning to much in front, which brings their head to much in the neck)
- Hold a straight and upright position. Tighten up your body.
- keep your bodyweight a little in front on your toes
- press your legs and feet together
- try actively to keep your position with your little feet-muscles (if your base is a little oldfashioned, don't tell him that you're doing this, but it helps him a lot...:-))
- Stand in the back or a bit sideways of the flyer
- hands touching the flyers hip!
- look allways down to the head of the base. If he struggles, carry the flyer down immediately!
Ways to get into the pose? - Transitions
Where can I go from here? - Transitions